Job Title: Personal Assistant
Location(s): 24/7 Support UK Limited Head Office – Peterborough (UK)
Reports to: Directors
Job Purpose: Under the general direction and supervision of the Directors, HR Operations Manager and Office Manager, to work as part of the team to deliver a high standard of administration and office support which meets the requirements of the head office and the individual needs of the children that we have in our care. To act as an appropriate role model, provide advice, assistance and support to head office staff and their needs to enable them to address their difficulties and achieve their full potential.
24/7 Support UK Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff, volunteers, and contractors to share this commitment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling and responding to all correspondence including all incoming phone calls, emails and letters.
- Planning for training conferences, workshops, seminars and other events.
- Scheduling appointments and organising meeting diary entries.
- Setting reminders for meetings, candidate interviews, appointments, and other important tasks.
- Making travel and hotel arrangements for the Directors and Overseas recruits as and when needed.
- Taking notes at management and managers meetings, preparing the minutes of the meeting and subsequently distributing to all participants.
- Liaising with other members of staff (both existing local and overseas recruits) and external parties such as clients and chase and follow-up for any required paperwork’s or pending documents for our consultancy contracts.
- Maintaining the staff folder filing system – both electronically and hard copy files.
- Plan and organise activities as well as for special celebrations and festivals in coordination with all the homes.
- Support children when they are transferring to other settings and ensure all is in order.
- Bring relevant issues to the attention of Directors, your line manager and colleagues.
- Adhere to the company’s policies, procedures, and team decisions. Implement and contribute to the development of policies and procedures when required.
- Update all relevant spreadsheets, documents and systems in use.
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues to ensure the best service for our children in care.
- Perform any other duties or special projects as required or when assigned.
- Previous experience (1 to 2 years desirable), in bookkeeping, accounts and HR with an ability to motivate, support others and possess effective planning and organisational skills.
- Experience in children’s safeguarding.
- Experience of empowering, working, and engaging with young people to achieve positive outcomes.
- Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively when talking to people. Good listening skills, great problem-solving skills, and the ability to adapt and act accordingly to situations.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and people management skills
- Strong command of the English language, Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and multitask efficiently.
- Working knowledge of standard word processing, spreadsheets and other productivity software tools
- Discretion and tact
- Good time management skills to be able to support the needs of multiple people.
- Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England) would be desirable or a Bachelor’s Degree equivalent.
- Having a Full UK Driving Licence would be an added advantage, however not mandatory.
- Must have the legal right to work in the UK
- You must ensure that safeguarding underpins every aspect of your practice, and that the safety of each child in the company’s care is paramount.
- You must report any practice that may put a young person at risk immediately to your line manager, or higher if appropriate as failure to do so will leave you in a position of equal responsibility for the incident as the perpetrator.
- Ensure that good safeguarding procedures and principles are always in place and applied consistency.
- To assist the Directors to ensure that you understand and implement the company’s child protection and safeguarding procedures.
- You will always provide a positive role model for the children and staff presenting yourself in a highly professional manner.
- Participate in training and take responsibility for your own personal development.
- Be well informed and have up-to date knowledge regarding the support needs of the children in your care.
- All members of staff are required to undertake that they will not divulge to anyone personal and/or confidential information to which they may have access during their work.
- Participate in team meetings, supervisions, and annual appraisals in accordance with company policy and the standards set by the Regulatory Body.
- To undertake any other such duties as required by the Directors, commensurate with the grade of the post.
The job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. The post holder may be required from time to time undertake other duties as may be reasonably expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. 24/7 Support Limited reserve the right to amend this job description as and when required to meet the needs of associated regulations, company policies and procedures and business needs.