Location: Long Sutton (Lincolnshire)
Reports to: Service Manager and Directors
Job Purpose: To ensure the efficient and smooth running of the Residential Children’s Home by providing operational and administrative support to the staff members, Directors, other Care Home Registered Managers, and HR& Administration. The main purpose of the job is to manage this brand-new 4-bed children’s home registered for children and young people with learning disabilities from ages 6–16, where the home will meet their needs and requirements.
24/7 Support UK Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff, volunteers, and contractors to share this commitment.24/7 Support UK Limited specialises in providing best-in-class care and support for children and young people who have complex needs. We always endeavour to create a home environment that surpasses the needs of the children and young people, enabling them to express their personalities, feel safe and enrich their lives. Our homes are furnished, creating a real sense of comfort, safety, security, and positivity.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the home to safeguard and promote the wellbeing of children & young people and provide operational and administrative support to the home support worker staffs, Directors, and other Care Home Registered Managers.
- Providing a therapeutic environment that promotes and supports young people’s y from learning disability disorders and conditions.
- Ensuring that the welfare of the young people is the paramount consideration in the provision of the service.
- Manage the children’s home in accordance with the guidelines provided by OFSTED and other regulatory bodies.
- Providing leadership and management of the home.
- Managing the home’s support worker staff team.
- Conduct and oversee Auditing and Quality Assurance inspections on a timely manner in preparation for the audits and regulatory compliance.
- Manage a top-quality service within the home aiming to achieve an ‘Outstanding’ OFSTED rating.
- Maintaining occupancy levels that are both commensurate with the business needs of the service and needs of the children within the home.
- Representing the home to outside agencies and ensuring compliance with the statutory requirements imposed by regulators and requirements of commissioners.
- To liaise with the local authorities, council offices and commissioners to generate potential business leads on behalf of the company.
- To ensure that all queries are responded to in a timely and professional manner and that both customers and support staffs are well supported and responded to appropriately.
- To ensure that files, both paper and electronic, and records of business activity are well-organised, saved securely and well maintained.
- To assist support staff in identifying, reporting and co-ordinating the resolution of minor IT technical support.
- To assist and co-ordinate the safer recruitment of support staff as and when required.
- To assist in the maintenance of the organisational training matrix and set up training as and when required for staff members.
- Assist in the management and tracking systems of raising invoices, chasing creditors, payroll and other company spendings.
- Participating in home meetings and taking minutes as required.
- To attend meetings and other events as a representative of the Company when required.
- Adhere to the company’s policies, procedures, and team decisions.
- Implement and contribute to the development of policies and procedures when required.
- Recent experience (3 to 5 years) working either as a Children’s Home Registered Manager or as a Children’s Home Deputy Manager in a Children’s Home.
- Previous experience of working with children and young adults with Learning Disabilities.
- Experience in managing a Residential Children’s Home is preferred
- Experience in children’s safeguarding best practices.
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management (or equivalent qualification). OR preferably working towards a Level 5 qualification.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- The legal right to work in the UK
- You must ensure that safeguarding underpins every aspect of your practice, and that the safety of each child in the company’s care is paramount.
- You must report any practice that may put a young person at risk immediately to your line manager, or higher if appropriate as failure to do so will leave you in a position of equal responsibility for the incident as the perpetrator.
- Ensure that good safeguarding procedures and principles are always in place and applied consistency.
- You will always provide a positive role model presenting yourself in a highly professional manner.
- Participate in training and take responsibility for your own personal and professional development.
- All members of staff are required to undertake that they will not divulge to anyone personal and/or confidential information to which they may have access during their work.
- Participate in team meetings, supervisions, and annual appraisals in accordance with company policy.
- To undertake any other such duties as required by the Directors commensurate with the grade of the post.
The job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties as may be reasonably expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. 24/7 Support Limited reserves the right to amend this job description as and when required to meet the needs of associated regulations, company policies and procedures, and business needs.
Residential Registered Manager (4 Bed Children Home) – Job Description Aug 2022